When it comes to addressing joint issues caused by cartilage damage, advanced orthopedic treatments offer promising solutions. These cutting-edge techniques aim to preserve joint health and restore damaged cartilage, providing relief and improved mobility.
- Abrasion Arthroplasty Joint Preservation: This minimally invasive procedure focuses on restoring smooth cartilage surfaces. Removing damaged cartilage and creating a more even surface reduces inflammation and enhances joint function. Abrasion arthroplasty promotes healing, extending the lifespan of the joint and improving mobility.
- Minimally Invasive Cartilage Repair: Using arthroscopic techniques, damaged cartilage can be accessed through a small incision. Precise tools are then employed to remove damaged areas and reshape the cartilage, stimulating healing and restoring joint function. This outpatient procedure offers a quick recovery and excellent results.
- Amniotic Fluid Injections for Joint Preservation: Amniotic fluid, rich in essential elements for tissue growth, can stimulate healing in damaged joints. Through injection, hyaluronic acid, growth factors, antibodies and other components in the fluid can reduce inflammation and slow down the deterioration of the joint. This non-invasive procedure requires little to no downtime.
- Percutaneous Drilling for Joint Preservation: This procedure targets damaged or thin cartilage that causes joint pain and stiffness. Accessing the joint through a small incision using an arthroscope removes damaged or fragmented cartilage. Percutaneous drilling involves creating tiny holes in the bone surface, stimulating a healing response that generates new scar tissue. This scar tissue acts as a cushion, reducing inflammation and pain.
- Cartilage Repair and Transplantation: In cases where cartilage is severely damaged or thin, cartilage transplantation surgery may be necessary. This complex procedure involves grafting or transplanting cartilage from other areas of the body to the affected joint. By preserving joint function, this technique can alleviate pain and restore mobility.
These advanced orthopedic treatments offer hope to individuals experiencing joint pain and limited mobility due to cartilage damage. By working with a skilled orthopedic specialist like Dr. Jonathan Glashow, you can explore these cutting-edge options to regain a better quality of life.
If you’re seeking meaningful relief from joint issues, it’s wise to consider advanced orthopedic treatments. Dr. Glashow and his team are experts in minimally invasive techniques and joint preservation methods. By utilizing these innovative approaches, they can help restore function and alleviate pain. Don’t let joint problems hold you back any longer—take the first step toward a better quality of life by contacting Dr. Jonathan Glashow today.