Fractures | Orthopedic Trauma | Upper East Side NYC Orthopedic Surgeons | Emergency Fracture Doctors
Dr. Jonathan Glashow, MD and his specialist team of best in class NYC orthopedic surgeons have a special interest in minimally invasive and open reconstruction, joint fracture repair of the shoulder, patella, elbow, and ankle surgery. The orthopedic team has unparalleled expertise in management of fractures and musculoskeletal trauma, including sports injury surgery and children’s fracture injuries.
* Emergency fractures / urgent orthopedic trauma care cases can be seen and treated the same day by the orthopedic surgeons.
Please note: A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our sports medicine or orthopedic surgery specialists for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice – including surgery.
Diagnostic tests, treatments (including your fracture treatment) and consultations can often be carried out on the same day. We offer true concierge medicine to all patients. We have the ability to see our patients immediately; same day, nights and weekend and offer emergency services.
We offer full out of network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
We are honored to have been awarded “Best Orthopedic Surgeons in America” by New York Magazine for over a decade. Our best in class orthopedic sports medicine surgeons have also been recognized by SuperDoctors, The New York Times, Top Doctors, New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors” issue, and hundreds of leading publications, news programs, and orthopedic surgeon’s review websites.
Our Upper East Side, NYC, orthopedic surgeon swill always try to see a fracture as soon as possible. If you need care outside of normal working hours (8:30am – 5pm, Mon – Thurs; & 8:30am – 4pm Fri) please contact us immediately, we are always accessible: (212) 794-5096.
If you are unhappy with the treatment from a doctor you have received elsewhere, our orthopedics can give independent advice and second opinions on fracture management, as well as provide the most up to date treatment in the management of complications by modern limb reconstructive techniques.
Which fractures does Glashow Orthopedics treat?
- Shoulder fractures (proximal humerus fractures)
- Patella fractures
- Elbow fractures
- Ankle fractures
- Clavicle fractures
What are the Symptoms of a Fracture?
- Deformity of a limb
- Severe pain, tenderness
- Inconsolable crying (in children)
- Abrupt onset of not being able to use a limb in its proper manner such as limping or refusing to use the dominant arm
- Some fractures may be very subtle and present only as chronic pain
How is a Fracture Diagnosed?
- Please note, unlike other NYC orthopedic surgeon: we can diagnosis your fracture, take x-rays, CT scans, (or MRI’s if necessary) and treat your fracture the same day
- A physical exam is necessary to ensure the skin, blood vessels, muscles, and nerves are intact as well as ruling out any other injuries to surrounding hard or soft tissues
- In some instances, an x-ray may not properly reflect the true nature of the bone’s fracture, in some cases the orthopedic surgeon may request a computed tomography scan (CT), ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Both MRI and ultrasound do not involve radiation. A CT scan is similar to a series of x-rays.
Indications for minimally invasive surgical treatment of a fracture include:
- A bone piercing the overlying skin
- A fracture that easily moves or is at high risk for moving (termed unstable)
- Bone segments that are not properly aligned despite attempts at closed reduction
- Bones that have already begun to heal in an undesirable position
- Injury or threatening damage to surrounding blood vessels or nerves
- Significant damage to the bone’s growth centers
Our orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive surgical and non-surgical fracture care. Our philosophy of direct doctor to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact our Upper East Side Orthopedic Surgeons today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Jonathan Glashow, MD
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021