Top NYC Orthopedic Shoulder Surgeons | Upper East Side Shoulder Surgeon
Our top rated team of NYC Orthopedic Surgeons provide a comprehensive range of shoulder diagnosis & surgery services. We provide uncompromising care in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. We are a group of dedicated orthopedic surgeons providing high quality care for both private professional athletes and patients from all walks of life. Our orthopedic shoulder surgeons are specialists in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of shoulder injuries and awarded by New York Magazine as the “Best Orthopedic Surgeons in America”.
Please note: A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our sports medicine or orthopedic surgery specialists for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice – including shoulder surgery.
We offer full out of network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
We have the ability to see our patients immediately; same day, nights and weekend and offer emergency services.
Diagnostic tests, treatments (including surgery) and consultations can often be carried out on the same day. We offer true concierge medicine to all patients, irregardless of insurance. We have the ability to see our patients immediately; same day, nights and weekend and offer emergency services.
We specialize in sports injuries, trauma and joint replacement of the shoulder and elbow and arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Our particular interest is minimally invasive or ‘key hole’ techniques for shoulder and elbow surgery resulting in rapid patient recovery times from shoulder surgery.
Pain in the shoulder suggests a shoulder injury and shoulder injuries are more common in athletes participating in sports such as swimming, tennis, pitching, and weightlifting. The sports injuries are caused due to the over usage or repetitive motion of the arms. In addition to pain, shoulder injuries also cause stiffness, restricted movements, difficulty in performing routine activities, and popping sensation.
Some of the common shoulder injuries that our best in class Upper East Side, NYC, orthopedic surgeons treat include:
- Sprains and strains: A sprain is stretching or tearing of ligaments (tissues that connect adjacent bones in a joint). It is a common injury and usually occurs when you fall or suddenly twist. A strain is stretching or tearing of muscle or tendon (tissues that connect muscle to bone). It is common in people participating in sports. Strains are usually caused by twisting or pulling of the tendons.
- Dislocations: A shoulder dislocation is an injury that occurs when the ends of the bone is forced out of its position. It is often caused by a fall or direct blow to the joint while playing contact sport.
- Tendinitis: It is a inflammation of a tendon, a tissue that connect muscles to bone. It occurs as a result of injury or overuse.
- Bursitis: It is an inflammation of fluid filled sac called bursa that protects and cushions your joints. Bursitis can be caused by chronic overuse, injury, arthritis, gout, or infection.
- Rotator cuff injury: The rotator cuff consists of tendons and muscles that hold the bones of the shoulder joint together. Rotator cuff muscles allow you to move your arm up and down. Rotator cuff injuries often cause a decreased range of motion.
- Fractures: A fracture is a break in the bone that commonly occurs as a result of injury, such as a fall or a direct blow to the shoulder.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of shoulder arthritis, characterized by progressive wearing away of the cartilage of the joint.
Surgical orthopedic shoulder procedures routinely undertaken include:
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Bankart Repair
- Golfers Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Separated Shoulder
- Shoulder Instability Repair
- Tennis Elbow
- Triceps Repair
- Pectoralis Repair
- Shoulder Labral Repair
- Biceps Repair Shoulder and Elbow
Our team of Upper East Side ,NYC, New York orthopedic surgeons, specialty nurses, physiotherapists and support staff are dedicated to managing your specific orthopedic surgery and working together to ensure your needs are exceeded from consultation to following surgical discharge. Our goal is to deliver premium orthopaedic care using the latest techniques and advancements to achieve the best outcomes and help people return to pain-free, functional lives. Please read some of our NYC Orthopedic Surgeon’s Top Reviews.
Our orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic shoulder care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact us today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Jonathan Glashow, MD
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021