NYC Orthopedic Surgeons | 2nd Opinions on Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Glashow’s team can give you an independent and thorough second opinions of your diagnosis and need orthopedic surgery or fracture management. We will provide you with the most up to date treatment options, review you MRIs, CT scans, assessments, etc. and thoroughly discuss our educated findings with you and all your surgical options.
Please note: We offer full out of network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of surgery. Our surgical coordinator will help you with a quote.
A second opinion from our best in class NYC orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine specialists can provide you the following benefits:
- Determine if you have considered all possible treatment options and if there are any other nonsurgical or less invasive options.
- If surgery is necessary, what type of surgery should be performed? You may not need a complex surgery that was initially recommended.
- Are you a candidate for new minimally invasive procedure that would provide a better outcome and a more rapid recovery?
- Do you qualify for a minimally invasive same-day surgical procedure, that would allow you to be home later that same afternoon, for a faster recovery and return to activity?
- Could you benefit from a second opinion? And is it worth the time and expense to travel to an specialty orthopedic center?
When Should You Get a Second Opinion? Unless your condition is life threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted, but necessary. These circumstances include anytime the following occurs:
- Agents & Athletes confirm team Physician assessment.
- Surgery is one of the treatment options suggested
- Numerous possible treatment options are available
- After consulting with your doctor or another orthopedic surgeon, you still have a number of unanswered questions
- You are told by the doctor or another orthopedic surgeon that a specific type of treatment cannot be used to treat your condition
- You are told by the doctor or orthopedic surgeon that nothing or nothing more can be done to treat your condition
- Your condition returns after treatment
- A cause for your symptoms is not found, but the symptoms continue
- You feel that there is something wrong with the diagnosis or suggested treatment for your condition
For Agents & Athletes & Teams: Dr. Glashow’s extensive experience with professional and elite athletes may prove advantageous in sorting out the least invasive and most effective treatment, including Biologics (stem cell therapy / PRP). This may enable athletes to return to play more quickly.
Is It Too Late To Seek A Second Opinion? What if you begin receiving treatment and then decide that you would like to get a second opinion? Is it too late? No. It is best to seek a second opinion soon after a condition or problem is diagnosed. However, it is never too late, even after treatment—with the exception of surgery—has begun.
Would you like to request a second opinion? Please complete the form below and we will contact you within one business day.
There may be a number of benefits to getting a second opinion, including:
- Having a better understanding of your knee, shoulder, sports injury, or condition
- Getting your questions answered
- Removing any doubts
- Helping you to weigh the benefits and risks of the recommended treatment options
- Helping you to make an informed, educated decision as to what treatment is best for you
Our orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive surgical fracture care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact our NYC Orthopedists today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Dr. Jonathan Glashow, MD
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021